Pavia CMA Ghislieri
The Centro di Musica Antica Ghislieri, based in Pavia, is a cultural centre active in the field of research, production and diffusion of Early Music.
Centro di Musica Antica della Fondazione Ghislieri
The Centro di Musica Antica della Fondazione Ghislieri is one of the most active Italian musical realities on a national and international level. The centre is active in the field of research (with the support of a Scientific Committee set up in partnership with the University of Pavia), production and diffusion of cultured music, with particular regard to the Italian sacred repertoire of the 18th century.
Over the years, the Centre has created a series of activities of high scientific and artistic profile, interacting with the most relevant European contexts of the sector, while maintaining strong roots with its city – Pavia – and its territory, through an effective and widespread dissemination action, especially aimed at young people.
Among the main activities of the Centro di Musica Antica (which since 2010 has been a member of REMA – European Network of Early Music) are the following:
- An intense concert and record production activity of the resident ensemble Coro e Orchestra Ghislieri, which under the direction of its conductor Giulio Prandi performs regularly in the most prestigious festivals and concert halls in Europe (Concertgebow Amsterdam, Berliner Philharmonie, Bozar Bruxelles, Festival d’Ambronay, Oude Muziek Utrecht and many others);
- A rich programme of events on Pavia’s territory, through Early Music concert series (Pavia Barocca), meetings, shows, open rehearsals, workshops, music in schools, etc…
- A regular programme of artistic residencies, aimed in particular at emerging artists and ensembles selected from all over Europe in the framework of the eeemerging+ project;
- The diffusion of musical culture among the new generations through their direct involvement in innovative and transversal training projects (University choir), as well as cultural activities of various kinds;
- An articulated networking action on an international, national and local level, with the intent to develop both cultural projects of great impact and wide scope, and micro actions on the territory, aimed at breaking down the barriers towards the so-called “cultured” music, approaching in the most inclusive way possible the population groups usually foreign to this repertoire.
What Pavia does specifically within EEEMERGING+
Many EEEMERGING+ activities are carried out in the historical Collegio Ghislieri: residencies, EEE+ Academy, workshops, musical trainings, musical events (concerts, showcases and meetings with the students), most of them in the framework of concert series such as Pavia Barocca and Festival di Natale. Many activities are implemented in order to enrich the ensembles skills in terms of artistic project development, administration, production management, self-promotion and public relations.